How to make cauliflower mac-n-cheese that will keep you wanting more!
Roasted cauliflower and ghee mac-n-cheese
Cauliflower is such a genius vegetable with fiber, potassium, vitamin K, and a ton other nutrients. It's also that one serving of cauliflower provides 77% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. Why shouldn't we have it as part of our diet. duh.
But say that to la familia.. and they run away. However, roast them with some ghee, salt, pepper, blend and mix with your favorite mac n cheese, now we are talking!
The funny thing is, when you are making a dish that your kids love so much, sometimes they may be willing to entertain a foreign element. As I was roasting the cauliflower, my son came to help.
He even helped me wash them
Once they came out of the oven roasted and smelling oh so good, he popped one into his mouth to taste it, given the pride he had in cooking them, plus now he knew it doesn't bite! He didn't spit out and I think he secretly liked the taste - just wont admit it yet :) I know that day will come, though. I just know it. Call it motherly instinct ;)
- Cut them into small florets. Rinse and lay out on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt, fresh black pepper, and ghee. toss them on the sheet.
- Roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12-15 mins.
- Blend with some milk - just enough so it's as thick as the cheese. What I do is add the powdered cheese out of the box, with milk, and the cauliflower (once it cools a bit down) and blend.
- Add it to the cooked macaroni noodles - dinner is served!